Sandeep Menon was a bright, loving and amazingly confident young 24-year-old when he left this world after a three-year fight against cancer.
In his inspirational battle with the disease, Sandeep faced surgeries, radiation and chemotherapies with unbelievable courage and determination. He saw every new challenge and setback with more confidence than most could possess. And, there could be no better tribute to his courage and spirit than to continue what he started.
We were greatly encouraged by the overwhelming response from his family and friends to the idea of setting up a charitable trust. Thus came the initiation of the non-profit organisation by name Sandeep Menon Foundation.
This foundation honours Sandeep’s memory by contributing to and supporting the sectors of education and health, thereby keeping alive the two things he believed in during his long drawn fight against cancer.
To know more about Sandeep’s childhood, his family and friends, please visit www.sandeepmenon.net
Trust Deed, bearing the registration number 166/2008, was
registered on 09 September 2008 at the Sub Registrar office in
Maradu, Ernakulam. The close family members of Sandeep form the
Trustees of the Foundation.
The main objectives of the trust are the following:
- To support cancer patients
- To support needful students of his school and college
The other objectives to be implemented in future are:
- To institute scholarships or awards for top students of his school and college
- To promote quizzers of his school and college
- To promote or support old age homes
- To support community sport, primarily football, by providing equipment and infrastructural improvements in local areas.